Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Play Kitchen

BEFORE
 
 
AFTER

 
This cute little kitchen was made for my sweet little Emryn for Christmas by my husband and I.  After searching and searching for the perfect old entertainment center, I came across this beauty only for $20.  All wood and was just the right size.  To some the entertainment center was just a piece of junk taking up space, but I saw a masterpiece in the making!  I still have yet to hang the damask curtains in the "window", but all in all it is still amazing.  Don't you think?
 
Ever get sick of those dinky little plastic kitchens you see being sold for a lot of money at the stores?  Those little kitchens your kids will outgrow by the time they actually want to play with it, so why not make something a little bigger that will last? 
 
I'm not going to go into detail of how we went about redoing the entertainment center into this kitchen.  That would take FOREVER.  I will tell you this, it took a lot of time, energy and imagination.
 
The "fridge" has magnetic metal sheeting on the front.  How cool is that?!  And inside it has multiple shelves so she can fit all her play food in.  The oven does have a metal oven rack in the center and the door falls forward like a normal oven.  The sink is made out of a big bowl I found at the DI.  And the faucet and oven knobs are all real, so she can turn them and they will not break off!
 
If you would like to know more info on how we made this, just email me at pacificpanda@gmail.com and I will try my best to answer all of your questions.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment